Plantar Fasciitis: What should you know about Plantar Fasciitis in Palm Beach Gardens:
What causes Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar Fasciitis is a common overuse injury that afflicts runners, walkers, and nearly anyone who stands for a living. It can be caused by the following risk factors:
- Wearing shoes with poor arch support (does not help to control the foot’s mechanics or is too rigid).
- Poor biomechanics (overpronation, flat-footed, high arch).
- Extended periods of standing (occupations that require a lot of walking or standing on hard surfaces can damage the plantar fascia).
- Overuse of feet from high-impact activities such as running.
- Traumatic injury to the foot
Things you can do to help heal Plantar Fasciitis and prevent further injury and pain:
- Wear shoes with orthotics from morning to bedtime
- Do not walk barefoot even at night
- Avoid heels and non-support footwear
- Ask your practitioner for specific exercises
- Massage your feet, shins and calves
Come to visit Nobile Shoes at 4385 Northlake Blvd, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33410 or call us at (561) 316-6685, our certified pedorthists and professional shoe fitters will show you what’s available for your plantar fasciitis condition. Nobile Shoes working hard for the health of your feet. Your feet will say thank you!